Ann Arbor Science Fiction Association
- Amateur Press Association, a sort of limited fanzine designed to work on writing style, including contribs from each person on the mailing list, where
each person has to send off a contribution every time, or at least meet minac.
- A fanzine produced by a science
- Contribution to a fanzine or APA.
- The editor (and publisher, and copy boy...) of a fanzine.
- This does not refer to all fiction
written by fans, because a lot of fans write original stuff. This means
stories about characters in popular shows, books, plays, etc. A remake of
Sweeney Todd using the charcacters from Cats, or a story where Captain
Kirk fights Darth Vader would be fanfic. See slash.
- An amateur SF publication (often
shortened to zine) sometimes including stories, con reports, book reviews,
articles of fannish interest, and almost always LoCs.
- Someone whose main contrib is
- Letter of Comment, a response to the material
in a zine, meant to give the authors and editor feedback.
- The minimum activity necessary to maintain
your membership in an APA. A totally strict APA might require a contrib
of thirty pages every ish, whereas a really lenient one might allow you to
go on with only four or five pages a year.
- A zine where the editor writes everything, and doesn't ask
- Type of fanfic where
Kirk and Spock, or any other characters, have a gay love affair.
- There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free
Lunch was the motto of Free Luna in Robert Heinlein's The Moon is a
Harsh Mistress. Also the Stilyagi Air Corps clubzine.
- See fanzine.
For information about, or submit to TANSTAAFL, please paste
"tanstaafl2005" (without the quotes) into your email program, followed by
eathlink dot net.
The Stilyagi Air Corp clubzine editor will recieve your LoC or other
the Stilyagi Home Page
Please send questions or comments about the Stilyagi website to